Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Illustration for spread 3 in WATERCOLOR!!


I finally did it!  I did one of my BFA illustrations in watercolor!  I really enjoyed the planning and painting process.  It was really nice to be able to see the whole painting, step back, and focus in to work a little smaller.  On my previous digital pieces I'd have to zoom way in just to see anything at full scale, and then I could only see a small part of the whole.  It was really nice to see the whole thing progressing at the same time.  It makes me wonder just how big a difference a nice big screen would make in my
 . . . . . . . . . . . . .digital work. . . . . . . . . . . . 

Interesting way to end a paragraph. :)

When I painted it I didn't want the saturation to get out of control because watercolor can be very vibrant and I wanted the piece to harmonize.  Now that it's finished I want to do some touch ups to saturation.  Mostly in the sash, flowers, and the hat.  
I did do some tweaking to the darker darks, but I'm not sure if there is enough to get a good sense of perspective in the foreground.  Your thoughts?

PLEASE CRITIQUE!
Trust me, I like it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact me for pricing on prints or originals.