Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Color II - Analogous/Aaron Douglass Emulation




Prints Available

This assignment was an analogous color scheme. A simple assignment which gave lots of freedom for making the assignment fit the students' purposes. My purpose with this piece was to emulate Aaron Douglas' depression era/harlem renaissance style. Disney emulated his style also in the "Almost There" scene from "The Princess and the Frog." That scene made me so happy!

This piece also serves the purpose of illustrating how I sometimes feel as a art student and mother. It had potential of being a very emotional process, but I didn't cry at all over this piece. Which, if you know me, is a bit of a feat. Actually, this semester I have been tremendously blessed with answers to fervent prayer and aid in times when I do feel like this illustration. What you don't see in this illustration is the beautiful white ship that carries me through the turbulent waters that is the merciful, tender, and gracious love and power of my Savior.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I think that the transparencies in this piece make it really captivating to look at. Plus great job pulling off the analogous assignment.

    ReplyDelete

Contact me for pricing on prints or originals.