Saturday, February 5, 2011

It's not Friday but...



Prints Available

This was for the last Illustration Friday topic, "surrender." It was a fun little watercolor illustration. I used quinacridone rose, manganese blue hue, and azo yellow as my color triad supplemented with quinacridone sienna(which I LOVE!) and the littlest bit of pthalo blue. Thanks to Sister Sally Ellis for suggesting manganese blue hue for me. I haven't done greens with it yet except for a quick little color wheel for the triad, but I really like it so far.



Here's the little color wheel I did for my color triad. You can see put a little swatch of quin. sienna next to the oranges for perspective. I think it fits in with the triad colors. And those beautiful strokes are from Sis. Ellis showing me quin. sienna for the first time. I like it a lot! I got a tube of mang. blue hue and quin. sienna for Christmas and I'm excited to keep experimenting with this little family of color I've found.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact me for pricing on prints or originals.