Saturday, February 25, 2012

Figure Drawings

I'm in an illustrative figure drawing class.  It's been so much fun!  It's been great exploration and it's so liberating to draw, express, and experiment with the lines, proportions, gestures and everything.  The models and costumes have been great.  It's so wonderful to work from such fantastic reference.  Our class has also started a blog to post the pictures we take in class for reference later on.  If you'd like to be inspired and work from some great reference, you can check it out here, advancedfiguredrawing2012.blogspot.com.   My favorite drawing I turned in before I took a picture.  It's a finished drawing I refined out of the fourth drawing in this list.  It was just such a great pose and gesture for me.  I hope you enjoy. 











3 comments:

  1. How fun! These look great. Makes me miss school even more than I already do..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this in the Spori the other day and loved it! That top one is so cool! I love how the frame and figure is so full, but her features (hands, feet, eyes, nose, mouth) are so tiny and delicate. I don't know if that's the reason for the overall delicate feel, or is just contributing to it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Contact me for pricing on prints or originals.